We can conjure up just about any flavors of cake, filling, and frosting you like, but here are some favorites. Not sure? We can advise you on how to mix and match cakes and fillings so you end up with something that will be as delicious as it is spectacular.
Everything is made from scratch, with the freshest and finest ingredients.
Check out the components individually, or go straight to the combinations section for some suggestions of cake and frostings that go well together.
Classics (Our Most Popular Flavors)
- Yellow Buttermilk Vanilla Bean
- Chocolate (made with imported cocoa)
- Carrot * (nuts optional)
- Red Velvet
- White Vanilla (can be colored, eg. Ombre* or Rainbow*)
- Funfetti (sprinkles inside the cake!)
Fruit and Nut Based
- Banana * (can be made with chocolate chips)
- Almond *
- Pistachio *
- Hummingbird * (banana, coconut and pecan)
- Chocolate Stout Cake * (a more complex chocolate cake made with stout beer; it’s a secret ingredient you won’t taste, but it makes a rich, delicious cake)
Spice Cakes (seasonal)
- Apple Spice *
- Pumpkin Spice
- Chai Spice
- Gingerbread Spice
* Extra charge for these flavors
Have another favorite? We can probably make it for you.
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream: Our signature buttercream is light and creamy, and exceptionally delicious because it is not too sweet. It is made with only sugar, eggs and butter. It can be flavored many different ways, including vanilla, chocolate, fruit, coconut, caramel, coffee, mint, Nutella, nuts, liqueurs, etc.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Made with real cream cheese, it has a slight tang.
- Oreo: Our own recipe, and a best seller for kids and adults. Chunky oreos cookies in a base that tastes like the filling of an oreo cookie.
- Preserves: Fruit preserves make an excellent filling on their own or can be layered on top of buttercream
- Chocolate Ganache (White, Milk or Dark Chocolate): a dense, creamy version of your favorite chocolate with a truffle-like consistency. They can be subtly flavored, for example, with mint, caramel or coffee for the dark chocolate, or with a fruit such as passion fruit or raspberries for the white chocolate.
- Chocolate Mousse (White, Milk or Dark Chocolate) – a fluffy mouse made with your favorite chocolate.
- Fruit curds: ** Similar in consistency to a pudding, these curds capture the full flavor of the fruit. Lemon, Passion Fruit, Lime, Orange, and some berries
- Pastry cream: ** A custard-like filling
- Cannoli: ** Made with ricotta, mascarpone and chocolate chips, just like your favorite cannoli
- Dulce de Leche / Caramel: ** Two different types of caramel.
- German Chocolate: ** a delicious blend of caramel, coconut and pecans
- Fresh fruit (seasonal): ** Berries can be used inside some cakes, layered on buttercream
Add Ins: A favorite candy, nut or even cookie can be added to a filling. One of our favorites is adding crunchy chocolate “perles” to give extra flavor and texture.
We can also add chopped up pralines (candied pecans) or candied hazelnuts depending upon the cake flavor.
** Not suitable for carved (3-D) cakes
All cakes get a coat of frosting, and we offer only two basic choices:
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream (may be flavored or vanilla)
- White, Milk or Dark Chocolate Ganache (may be plain or flavored)
We can leave the outer layer of your cake as buttercream or ganache, but most of the time, we add a fondant covering. Fondant is a sugar dough that is applied in a thin layer on top of the frosting, and it gives a cake a smooth, polished finish.
Please contact us for more information. Also see our FAQ.
Below are suggestions for combinations of cake and frosting; by no means is this a comprehensive list; you can make any combinations you like. Any of the flavors listed here can be modified as well.
Popular Classic Combinations:
- Classic Birthday Cake: Yellow buttermilk cake filled and frosted with chocolate or vanilla buttercream or chocolate ganache
- Chocolate Birthday Cake: Chocolate cake filled and frosted with chocolate or vanilla buttercream or chocolate ganache
- Oreo: Chocolate (or vanilla) cake filled with our special Oreo filling and covered in chocolate ganache or vanilla swiss meringue buttercream
- Raspberry Lemonade: Lemon butter cake, filled with raspberry swiss meringue buttercream drizzled with raspberry preserves, and covered with lemon swiss meringue buttercream
- 24K Carrot Cake: Carrot cake filled with cream cheese frosting, and covered with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream. Can be made with or without nuts.
- Deep Red Velvet: Red velvet cake (we add a little less food coloring so it is a dark red), filled with either cream cheese or vanilla bean buttercream, covered in vanilla swiss meringue buttercream
- Death by Chocolate: Chocolate stout cake with chocolate mousse filling, crunchy Valrhona chocolate perles, and covered in bittersweet chocolate ganache
- Inside Out Mounds Bar: Chocolate cake filled with coconut buttercream with fresh shredded coconut, covered in coconut buttercream
- Nutella crunch: chocolate cake filled with alternating crunchy hazelnut praline buttercream and nutella buttercream, covered in Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) laced chocolate ganache.
- Sweet and Salty: chocolate cake filled with chocolate caramel buttercream and salted caramel drizzle, covered with caramel ganache
- German Chocolate Cake: chocolate cake filled with caramel/coconut/pecan frosting and covered with chocolate ganache
- Peanut Butter Cup: chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream filling and chocolate ganache or buttercream frosting; chocolate chips, mini peanut butter cups or Reeses Pieces can be added to the filling if desired.
- Mint Chip: chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip filling, and minty chocolate ganache frosting
- Chocolate Raspberry: chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream filling, raspberry preserves and chocolate ganache
- Chocolate Orange: chocolate cake with Grand Mariner buttercream filling and Grand Marnier laced chocolate ganache
- Greg’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch: chocolate stout cake with peanut butter buttercream and caramel chocolate ganache, dark chocolate crunchy perles, and chocolate ganache
- Mocha madness: Chocolate cake with mocha amaretto buttercream filling and chocolate ganache
Fruity / nutty:
- Bananas Foster*: Moist banana cake, filled with caramel buttercream and real bananas foster (bananas cooked in butter, brown sugar and rum) and pecan pralines (candied pecans), and covered in vanilla buttercream
- Banana Split: Banana cake with chocolate chips, chocolate buttercream filling and covered with chocolate ganache
- Tropical Passion: Coconut cake filled with passion fruit curd and covered in coconut swiss meringue buttercream
- Southern Hummingbird: Banana, pineapple and pecan cake filled with cream cheese buttercream and covered in vanilla buttercream
- Pistachio Rose: Pistachio cake with a hint of cardamom, filled with sweet yet tart cherry buttercream and cherry preserves, covered in rose water buttercream.
- Lemon Kiss: Lemon cake filled with delicious lemon curd and/or lemon buttercream and covered in lemon buttercream
- Creamsicle: yellow butter cake filled with orange buttercream, and covered in vanilla buttercream.
- Almond Raspberry: almond cake with raspberry buttercream and raspberry preserves filling, with vanilla or Amaretto buttercream or chocolate ganache frosting
- Pumpkin (seasonal): pumpkin cake filled with maple cream cheese frosting and covered in cinnamon buttercream; candied pecans optional
- Apple Spice (seasonal): chunky apple cake filled with caramel and salted caramel buttercream, covered in salted caramel buttercream
- Gingerbread (seasonal): Gingerbread cake filled and frosted with egg nog buttercream (with a hint of rum and nutmeg)
- Chai Spice: Chai flavored cake filled with honey ginger cream cheese buttercream and covered in vanilla buttercream.